Incisive Media and Computing are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit https://ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2/
London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square
- The menu is made up of locally sourced products, within a 100 miles radius, as per Marriott guidelines
- All food waste is separated and collected daily
- Marriott policy is to use either sustainable wild fish from recognised sources or MSC accredited fish and suppliers
- The tea/coffee is sustainable
- Glass bottles are provided for water and refilled inhouse - they are not bought externally for every event
- Most areas in the hotel have LED lighting
- There is a bike parking area in the garage for employees and guests staying at the hotel can store their bike in the luggage room
- No single-use plastics are used at events, all water is provided in glass bottles that are reusable and all catering is served on china
- The hotel recycles cardboard, glass and food and the rest of the waste is recycled waste to energy
- Zero waste is sent to the landfill
- The hotel has a cycle to work scheme and walking maps are available at the Concierge Desk to encourage exploration by foot
- The hotel use ecolab cleaning products
- The hotel-based Green Committee shares any initiatives that encourage employees to go green. Recent communications recommend employees to utilise mobile apps like ‘Too Good To Go’ and ‘Karma’ to purchase food that is about to be thrown out by local coffee shops or restaurants with the hope of reducing food waste
- The hotel are currently in the process of obtaining the Green Key Accreditation that is overseen by Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE)